All that a person suffering with chronic hair loss and hair thinning wants is a solution that can restore lost hair health, effectively promote hair re-growth, and provide with all these benefits at an affordable price. Some of those heading towards baldness might think of hair transplant surgery as an ultimate solution but, can you overlook the inconvenience caused, the potential side effects (infection, bleeding, scarring), the unnatural look and the heavy cost it endears?
Thankfully though, there are certain solutions on market that can induce hair growth and combat hair loss without bearing any potential health risks or heavy cost and one of such hair loss solutions is available in form of HairMax Laser Devices. Perplexed? Well yes, the ever evolving technology has taken a major stride in the hair care industry as well and HairMax is one amongst several brands that has made an efficient use of laser technology to stimulate hair growth through its devices. According to the methodology of use and appearance, HairMax laser devices are commonly known as laser combs.
- As per the official website of HairMax, all its laser combs are clinically proven to stimulate hair growth in both men and women and are designed with user’s expectations, comfort and safety in mind.
- Best feature, all of these laser devices have FDA approval backing them up.
- One need not worry about safety factors as long as the instructional is followed religiously.
- Followed by years of scientific research and clinical tests, the first ever launched, HairMax LaserComb Advanced 7 model was awarded the prestigious Time Magazine Invention of The Year award in the year 2000.
- These laser combs have a reported success rate of a whopping 93%.
Wondering how these laser combs really work?
In order to get rid of undesired body hair growth, much stronger beams of laser are used to completely retard the hair growth cycle. In case of stimulating hair growth though, gentle low level beams of laser are used to reactivate and revitalize the resting hair follicles. Reactivation of dormant follicles results in reversal of hair thinning and increase in the density and thickness of hair.
How To Use These Combs?
All you need to do is press the POWER button and then the LASER button. Then place the device on the scalp area you wish to treat and since the device is equipped with a four second timer system, it will remind you after four seconds (through vibration in case of Advanced 7 and through beeps in other two models) to slide about half an inch in the other direction. Use the device in the same way for as many minutes as recommended. Repeat the process thrice a week for optimal results.
Different types of laser combs
HairMax LaserComb Advanced 7, HairMax LaserComb Lux 9 and LaserComb Professional 12 are three different models that you can look for. The differences and similarities between these variants are mentioned below:
- In addition to increasing hair density and combating hair loss, these are also known to increase manageability and vibrancy of your locks.
- If treatment is followed as recommended, results may be seen in as little as 12 weeks but an extended course is suggested to be followed for maximum benefits.
- All of these are cordless devices and are equipped with 4AA alkaline batteries.
- These have varying number of laser modules, which can be well understood by the model name itself. Advanced 7 has 7, Lux 9 has 9 and similarly Professional 12 has 12 modules.
- There is also a slight difference in the mode of operation. In case of Advance 7, the device vibrates on use however; the latter two beep and vibrate.
- The time of operation also differs. The Advance model requires the maximum 15 minutes per session, Lux requires 11 and Professional variant requires the least, about 8 minutes per session.